Gratitude: 2 years, 20 years
I feel rotten. It started with a sore throat Monday night after three days of that, it became a head cold during the night last night. I'm headachy and drippy and sneezy and coughy have had four negative Covid tests in four days. A student who had Covid said she only tested positive on the fifth day, so I'm not taking any chances—I've cancelled all social things this week and weekend. But it's worth noting that this is the first cold I've had in over two years. Wow.
The union is striking at work, and on top of that the university shut down for Storm Eunice today. It was a wind day. But, of course, there's no such thing as a snow day or a wind day anymore—things move on line when you can't get to them. That feels like a sad loss—the joy of a snow day (or a wind day) is such a lovely thing. Found time for idling. There's also now no point in taking a sick day unless you are too ill to Zoom. This technology is great, but also: bah humbug.
Despite feeling cruddy, I am grateful:
- that it's a totally survivable level of cruddy.
- that our games night was easier to reschedule than it had been to schedule
- for Phil's re-sealing of the bathtub. Looks so much better, and I am so going to enjoy a hot shower tonight after a few days without.
- Wordle and all its descendants and the fact that I've now been branded a 'Wordle Expert', I've got the media knocking down my door and the perfect excuse to practise, experimenting with different strategies.
- for sleeping in during half-term.
- that my 20th valentine for Phil turned out well and that his celebrates an inside joke.