Gratitude: reprieve

I'm probably on a gratitude jaunt. Which is to say, I'm intending to do daily lists. 

Today I am grateful:

  1. For the postponement of a talk that I didn't really want (or have time) to do this week. I'll do it eventually, and will have a very good outline and start on the powerpoint then (autumn).
  2. And in the meantime, some of the prep for that was good for the book.
  3. For those who helped me meet my PAC (curriculum-approval) deadline today.
  4. For reviewers who send their reviews without being reminded. 
  5. For authors who make good on their promises to deliver by a revised deadline
  6. For Phil being happy with his book and his editor
  7. For especially tasty pizza cheese
  8. For Oreo ice cream sandwich
  9. For gorgeous weather and a (new) garden parasol that actually works! 
  10. For G playing Juggler with me

And I am self-congratulating/relieved:

  • that I met the PAC deadline (above)
  • that I signed off on the blueline proofs for my first issue of Dictionaries. Late, but phew!!
    (It feels a bit unfair that people who publish an edited collection of articles get to put that on their cv as a publication but that I'll be doing the same kind of work twice a year and it doesn't count as two publications for me!)