Gratitude: fifty-seventh Wednesday

Let's try writing a gratitude note when I haven't thought of anything to be grateful for today. It hasn't been a bad day, mind you. Just a day.

I am stream-of-consciously grateful:

1. For a conversation with my dad before he goes out to play bridge. 

2. For Timehop, which showed me that a year ago today, we made a video to wish my dad good luck before surgery. That adds a bit of resonance to the previous item.  

3. I believe it was Michelle O. who recommended Timehop to me, so I'm grateful for her and more broadly the phenomenon of getting to know people over the internet.

4. For the postponement of a seminar, which helped my day a bit.

5. For another false alarm re needing a new boiler. Or rather, for the guy who fixed our boiler this morning. (No particular gratitude for the plumber who messed it up and then claimed he hadn't!)

6. For Sewing Bee (and the right person going home this week).

7. For a little time with G at the office and a good chunk of time on my own. 

8. For a haircut appointment — a miraculous week from today.