Gratitude: 55th Thursday

We've had more than a week of 'minimum service days' at the University, meaning we're not expected to work at all. Of course I've been working—but not full days. Though I've been doing some marking, it feels like all my time is taken up with the journal I('m learning to) edit. 

Today we discovered that the plans for our kitchen were based on bad measurements, so we'll have to get back to the design drawing board tomorrow, but at least this discovery was made before the order was finalised. 

I am grateful:

  1. For being able to take the days at a more leisurely pace and no alarm clock (just builders coming in).
  2. For very little Zoom and nearly two days on my own in the office. I needed that.
  3. For Caroline Criado Perez's newsletter pointing out enraging gender data gap problems. Extremely eye-opening. 
  4. For Google Scholar Alerts and the little ego boosts they bring.
  5. My journals and gratitude notes from last year coming up in my Facebook memories. I'm so glad to have a record of those strange times.
  6. For the chance to do a jigsaw puzzle.