Gratitude note: pandemic forty-second Friday

the card I was waiting for
It's been an eventful week, culminating tonight with the news that the soon-to-be-ex-president has been permanently banned from Twitter. Not the most important news of the week, just the most recent. Closer to home, Phil's birthday is coming to a close. He's already in bed. I went out for the first time in days to go to the bottle shop and the fish & chip shop for the lockdown birthday meal, which was much enjoyed. Miraculously, his birthday cards all(?) showed up today after days of no mail. Do you think the postie knew which day to save them for?

I'm self-sabotaging (workwise and healthwise) and beating myself up about it quite a bit this week. I could be using this quiet time to catch up a bit, but instead I'm rationalizing writing a gratitude note instead. 

 I am grateful: 

  1. For Phil and his having of another birthday.
  2. the back-up card
  3. For the Christmas tree that we retired today (it really was perfect) and for the service that's going to collect it from in front of our house tomorrow.
  4. That the card I ordered online for Phil arrived today for me to give it to him this evening (in addition to the back-up card I'd already written!).
  5. For a lovely, newsy letter from Georgia.
  6. For deep-fried pickles and the ability to get them near my house (but not too often).
  7. That my icky Republican congressional rep had the decency to vote to approve Biden's win.
  8. For our warm bed.
  9. That G has been able to connect with a few more friends online.
  10. That Phil had a great idea for our Zoom Taskmaster costume for tomorrow.